All-Time LSU team since 2000-Present?

TigerTap

Senior
My picks for the Best LSU players from the 2000 season until present, to build a great NFL team. I personally didn't include any current 2019 team players.

I made this thread because I'm getting tired if seeing the same old names, repeated over & over. The LSU greats, YA Tittle, Billy Cannon, etc. Then the Tommy Casanova & Bert Jones era. I wonder sometimes if people realize Y. A. Tittle was drafted at LSU in 1948, 71 years ago. Nothing against the LSU greats at all, just wanted to see some newer names. Bert Jones was drafted 47 years ago.

Anyway, here's what I think would be a pretty damn strong team from this Century. Tried to get players that had college & some NFL experience.

Offense:

QB: Zach Mettenberger/ Rohan Davey
RB: Leonard Fournette & Jeremy Hill
WR: Jarvis Landry PB
WR: Odell Beckham PB
WR: Dwayne Bowe PB
TE: Robert Royal
LT: Andrew Whitworth PB
RG: Joe Barksdale
C: Ethan Pocic
RG: Trai Turner PB
RT: La'el Collins

Defense:

RE: Danielle Hunter PB
DT: Michael Brockers
DT: Kyle Williams PB
LE: Marcus Spears (rush ) or Barkavious Mingo & (pass)
OLB: Deion Jones PB
MLB: Perry Riley/ Bradie James
OLB: Kwon Alexander PB
CB: Tra'davious White
CB: Patrick Peterson. PB
FS: Tyrann Mathieu PB
SS: Jamal Adams PB

P: Donnie Jones PB / Brad Wing (distance)
K: Cole Tracy
PR/KR: Trindon Holliday

In Rotation: (10 Max.)

*Glenn Dorsey - DT
*Brandon Lafell - WR
Joe Barksdale - OT
*Eric Reid - S PB (weak S)
*Laron Landry- S PB (strong S)
*Mo Claiborne - CB

Rookies:

*Devin White- MLB
*Greedy Williams - CB

PB =
Pro Bowler

2020 NFL Draft:
Keeping an eye on: Fulton & Delpit, also Rashad Lawrence & Michael Divinity.

I realize Ethan Pocic is playing Guard in the NFL & doing very well. I moved him to C just for this list.

Who am I missing or forgetting? Actually this list took a while to research. For instance, It's easy to pick Glenn Dorsey over Michael Brockers, due to all his accolades alone. But imo, Dorsey never got completely back to normal after the Auburn chop block game. Ah..Chaz Ramsey. Brockers is a pure Monster. Brockers didn't get all the accolades because he got a draft grade of 1st round, after only playing 2 years at LSU. I was reminded of that when it looked like he was gonna crash into our living room during the last SuperBowl. :D He's got a few less total tackles, but nearly 3x the Sacks.

*Changed to creating an All-LSU NFL team, players from 2000-Present.

Last edited:

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
My picks for the Best LSU players from the 2000 season until present, to build a great College team. I personally didn't include any current 2019 team players.

I made this thread because I'm getting tired if seeing the same old names, repeated over & over. The LSU greats, YA Tittle, Billy Cannon, etc. Then the Tommy Casanova & Bert Jones era. I wonder sometimes if people realize Y. A. Tittle was drafted at LSU in 1948, 71 years ago. Nothing against the LSU greats at all, just wanted to see some newer names. Bert Jones was drafted 47 years ago.

Anyway, here's what I think would be a pretty damn strong team from this Century. Tried to get players that had college & some NFL experience.

Offense:

QB: Zach Mettenberger or Rohan Davey
RB: Leonard Fournette & Jeremy Hill
WR: Jarvis Landry PB
WR: Odell Beckham PB
WR: Dwayne Bowe PB
TE: Robert Royal
LT: Andrew Whitworth PB
RG: Joe Barksdale
C: Ethan Pocic
RG: Trai Turner PB
RT: La'el Collins

Defense:

RE: Danielle Hunter PB
DT: Michael Brockers
DT: Kyle Williams PB
LE: Marcus Spears (rush ) or Barkavious Mingo & (pass)
OLB: Deion Jones PB
MLB: Perry Riley
OLB: Kwon Alexander PB
CB: Tra'davious White
CB: Patrick Peterson. PB
FS: Tyrann Mathieu PB
SS: Jamal Adams PB

P: Donnie Jones PB
K: Cole Tracy
PR/KR: Trindon Holliday

Alternates/Rotation

*Glenn Dorsey - DT
*Brandon Lafell - WR
*Eric Reid - S PB

Rookies:

*Devin White- MLB
*Greedy Williams - CB
*Foster Moreau -TE

PB =
Pro Bowler

I realize Ethan Pocic is playing Guard in the NFL & doing very well. I moved him to C just for this list.

Who am I missing or forgetting? Actually this list took a while to research. For instance, It's easy to pick Glenn Dorsey over Michael Brockbrs, due to all his accolades.p alone. But imo, he never got completely back to normal after the Auburn chop block game. Ah..Chaz Ramsey. And Brockers is a pure Monster. I was reminded of that when it looked like he was gonna crash into our living room during the last SuperBowl. :D He's got a few less total tackles, but nearly 3x the sacks.

Hard to leave Dorsey off since he won every awsrd possible for his position. I would put him ahead and Kyle Williams.

Also put Laron Landry over Eric Reid.

How can you name an all time great team without Devin White as the starter at MLB?

TigerTap

Senior
Hard to leave Dorsey off since he won every awsrd possible for his position. I would put him ahead and Kyle Williams.

Also put Laron Landry over Eric Reid.

How can you name an all time great team without Devin White as the starter at MLB?

I changed it from making a College team, to making an NFL team.

Like I said, Dorsey just didn't seem to play the same after his injury, in College or Pros. I put him "In Rotation", but I'm starting Brockers who's 6'5" & very fast & Kyle Williams 6x Pro Bowler.

I actually went back & forth between Landry & Reid at S. Laron Landry, literally roided his way out of the NFL. And Eric Reid embarrassed mostly himself, with his Flag kneeling stupidity. But trying to ignore these things & looking at pure talent, you want LaRon in on running plays & Reid in on passing downs.

I have him listed as Rookie. He might be the best this century, but hasn't played a down of Pro football yet. Of course if he's as good as advertized, he'll grab the top ILB spot.

Last edited:

Nutriaitch

Redshirt
But trying to ignore these things & looking at pure talent, you want LaRon in on running plays & Reid in on passing downs.

even based purely on talent alone, Reid is not even a starter on my all time team (post 2000). Heck he may not even be first off the bench.

We have been stupid deep in the secondary during this stretch.

Laron was simply better across the board.
Brandon Taylor is manning the other safety spot.
Peterson and Mo as my corners. and Badger in the Nickel/Hybrid role.

Dorsey, Lavalais and Sam on the DL.
Mingo, Bradie, and Highsmith as LB.

no one will ever score on us

TigerTap

Senior
even based purely on talent alone, Reid is not even a starter on my all time team (post 2000). Heck he may not even be first off the bench.

We have been stupid deep in the secondary during this stretch.

Laron was simply better across the board.
Brandon Taylor is manning the other safety spot.
Peterson and Mo as my corners. and Badger in the Nickel/Hybrid role.

Dorsey, Lavalais and Sam on the DL.
Mingo, Bradie, and Highsmith as LB.

no one will ever score on us

It depends what you're looking for I guess. Are you building for a College team or NFL team? Or a fan favorites type team ( best known)?

If your looking at NFL, you might want to look at players that had more success at the next level. For instant, Highsmith, Lavalais, Montgomery & Brandon Taylor, while really good college players, didn't have much success, if any, at the next level.

EX. Ali Highsmith ran a 5.02 40, which is slower than quite a few OL. He wasn't drafted. But made Arizona for 1 season & then practice squad in year 2. Ended his NFL career with 17 tackles.

Peterson & Badger are also my starters at & also have Mingo at DE & Bradie at ILB.

Reid made the NFL Pro Bowl 1 time, the same as Laron. Reid did have more ints & pass deflections. Laron was a much better run stopper.

OBJ & Jarvis are 2 of the premiere WRs in the NFL. Bowe made just 1 Pro Bowl, but did catch 44 TDs in his NFL career. Josh Reed in the NFL, caught 10 TDs. I wonder who should be pulled to put him at Starter?

Last edited:

Nutriaitch

Redshirt
If your looking at NFL, you might want to look at players that had more success at the next level.

you have Mett and Rohan as your QBs

they have fewer passing yards and fewer TDs combined than Flynn does.
Matt Mauck has more career attempts and yards than Rohan. And he only appeared in 2 games ever.
hell, me and Rohan have the exact same amount of NFL touchdowns.

you also left off Addai who has been to a pro bowl and won a super bowl.
he also has as many 1,000 yd rushing seasons as Fournette and Hill combined.
Dominick Davis in less than 3 total seasons has as many 1,000 yd seasons as Hill and Fournette combined.

so, if we going NFL, then these are the changes i would make to your list without hesitation.

if we going college, see my previous posts.