Favorite Beer...

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
It's not too bad from what I remember. Been awhile since I've had any MGD. Corona now has a "diet" beer, Premium it's called I believe. I still favor Abita overN most anything tho.
Not much of a beer drinker any longer. My Docs "suggested" I cut back.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Not much of a beer drinker any longer. My Docs "suggested" I cut back.
I hear ya there. I'm more fond of scotch, but it's too damn expensive to keep it stocked on the counter. I've cut back to pretty much only having a 6-12 beers every other Saturday watching LSU, on my weekend rotation off.

Last edited:

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
I don’t even think I had a driver’s license yet when I found some bud ice in my grandfathers refrigerator

My grandfather drank Falstaff and Lone Star. I bought a couple of Lone Stars that were in barrel of ice at a Houston convenience store a couple of years ago. Better than I expected.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
My grandfather drank Falstaff and Lone Star. I bought a couple of Lone Stars that were in barrel of ice at a Houston convenience store a couple of years ago. Better than I expected.
I've had Falstaff, Lone Star, Pearl, Jax, etc. All were ugh.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
I'm relying on my fuzzy memory, but wasn't Dixie pretty much restricted to the New Orleans market?

South Louisiana mostly. I saw a guy in Rouse's a month ago buying a 6 pack. Do you remember Regal Beer? Was brewed in NOLA too.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I haven't seen or heard of Lone Star since I was a child living in Houston. My dad and his buddies used to drink it.

BAY0U BENGAL

Tigerbaiting champion of the world
I think it’s purely nostalgic, but when I eat crawfish, I have to have Miller Lite in a can. Only in a can. Tastes so good.