[Florida] Game Discussion and Expectations.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
We’re heading into the 1st SEC home opener of the season, a Night Game in Death Valley.

#7 Florida comes in facing #5 LSU... a battle of unbeaten’s, a battle of Top 10’s, a 1st place SEC East vs. a 1st place SEC West.

LSU possesses a record breaking, uptempo offense with weapons everywhere you look. The opening line on this game has LSU as a (-13) favorite.

What are y’alls expectations for this game, from LSU?

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
We’re heading into the 1st SEC home opener of the season, a Night Game in Death Valley.

#7 Florida comes in facing #5 LSU... a battle of unbeaten’s, a battle of Top 10’s, a 1st place SEC East vs. a 1st place SEC West.

LSU possesses a record breaking, uptempo offense with weapons everywhere you look. The opening line on this game has LSU as a (-13) favorite.

What are y’alls expectations for this game, from LSU?
I'm puzzled by we are almost a 2 TD favorite. We really haven't played anybody but the Horns. I expect us to be able to move the ball against the Gators assuming our OL can give Joe time to throw. I'm concerned about our D being able to stop the Gators O. Should be a hell of game. Can't wait for Saturday night.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I'm puzzled by we are almost a 2 TD favorite. We really haven't played anybody but the Horns. I expect us to be able to move the ball against the Gators assuming our OL can give Joe time to throw. I'm concerned about our D being able to stop the Gators O. Should be a hell of game. Can't wait for Saturday night.
Honestly i’m more worried about the defense more so than their offense. Florida seems to have adopted the mediocre offensive ideology that LSU used to have.
I’m not sold on the Gators new QB and they don’t have the surrounding weapons LSU does. I’m fairly certain the LSU offense can outscore the Gator offense, it all hinges on which defense comes ready to play. I’m confident Aranda will have our boys ready to go.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
National Passing Rank:

LSU #2
(416.0 Yds/G) - (Pct. 76.6) - (22TD)

Florida #32
(284.5 Yds/G) - (Pct. 72.7) - (13TD)

National Rush Defense Rankings:

LSU #8
(81 Yds/G) - (Avg 2.61)

Florida #15
(93 Yds/G) - (Avg 2.88)

Last edited:

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I think the line moved up due to the Trask injury. No way he is 100% if he truly suffered an MCL sprain on Saturday. He was basically crying on the field. Either that’s some great theatrics, or the kids is hurt.

Couple that with this being his first start on the road, and it’s in Death Valley on a Saturday night against the #5 Tigers and it spells trouble.

But, we have some injuries of our own at each level of the defense and I’m not sure we’re 100% either.

Every team we have faced has gone right to the quick slants and expect the same from Florida.

This will without question be the best secondary Burrow has faced this year. But, the good thing is Burrow has already faced this secondary, threw 2 interceptions against them last year. He has seen this pass rush, sacked 5 times last year. Hands on scouting report helps for a better game plan and truly knowing what to expect.

Florida looks to be the same team as last year where as LSU has changed/improved drastically. We made a lot of adjustments & improvements to throw all over and beat the Florida’s and Bama’s of the college football world. It’s time to see if it works. This may their 2nd time seeing these players, but it’s their 1st time seeing this scheme.

Last edited:

TigerTap

Senior
Is Trask definately playing? They seem to be saying he is, but who knows..

A few concerns to consider, as we begin SEC play...

Florida leads the SEC in INTs, so far. Although we nabbed a couple in the last game.

https://www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/defense/interceptions

I might be wrong about this but, for whatever reason, I just don't see CEH as a feature SEC RB. I think it's his style of running. He's a good RB, just seems like more of a change of pace or #2 RB. I'm hoping Emery has a breakout game very soon.

Were #10 in Rushing, while being #1 in Passing.
https://www.secsports.com/statistics/football/team/rushing

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Florida’s DC is going to have a tough time scheming against the LSU offense, there’s playmakers at every position, as well as speed. We’re no longer the team you just have to load the box on and force us to throw... LSU now thrives on the passing game.

I still think this is going to be a tough game because history dictates that it is, but I fully expect a big separation in the 2nd half.

Barring self-inflicted mistakes, I think LSU wins this one by at least 17 pts.

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I certainly have my concerns. Florida is a formidable opponent. But, the chips just don’t stack up well for them in this matchup. Backup QB on the road at night in DV coming off an emotional upset win.

If we lose this game, we are the pretenders most of us were worried we were.

Last edited:

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
National Passing Rank:

LSU #2
(416.0 Yds/G) - (Pct. 76.6) - (22TD)

Florida #32
(284.5 Yds/G) - (Pct. 72.7) - (13TD)

National Rush Defense Rankings:

LSU #8
(81 Yds/G) - (Avg 2.61)

Florida #15
(93 Yds/G) - (Avg 2.88)
I'm not putting much stock in stats. It's early and other than Texas we haven't played anybody.

COTiger

Retired Old Fart
Florida’s DC is going to have a tough time scheming against the LSU offense, there’s playmakers at every position, as well as speed. We’re no longer the team you just have to load the box on and force us to throw... LSU now thrives on the passing game.

I still think this is going to be a tough game because history dictates that it is, but I fully expect a big separation in the 2nd half.

Whoa Nellie. 17 points?? I wouldn't touch this game if I had Trump's money.

Winston1

Redshirt
This will be interesting as the gayturds have the strongest defense we’ve seen. They’re also disruptive. However if we split them there’re big plays to be had. I think as does everyone our O line play is key. I feel good that the defense will keep the game in reach and if we have strong play on the line we beat the gators and the spread.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way

Florida DC Todd Grantham has given us fits almost every time we play a team he DC's.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
It looks like Lawrence and Chaisson are ready after the 5 week rehab period between the Texas game and now. Divinity might play and Flott has made "a remarkable recovery" according the Oeaux. I don't expect Flott to play much but he adds needed depth in the secondary in case somebody else gets hurt.

I think this is the game where we see the real Aranda defense. Especially if Trask is limited by his MCL sprain.

I could say a lot about my expectations for the final score but I hate to be overly optimistic about a top 10 matchup so I won't.

Last edited: