[Game Day Thread] Utah St. vs #5 LSU, 11:00am SECN

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Utah State comes into Tiger Stadium to face #5 LSU in an early day game kick off.

How many points does LSU score?

Lets get it on. #GeauxTigers

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Nice opening drive, minus the holding, after Emery's great touchdown run/dive at the corner of the end zone. I know it's Utah State but Emery looks good running the ball, kid has put a few moves on the Aggie defense.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Moss should've caught that pass that was intercepted and returned to the LSU 5 yrd line. Give it up to the Defense tho, for holding Utah State out of the endzone and settling for 3.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
This OLine isn't getting any push, the penetration Utah State got on the failed 4th and 1 was terrible. LSU isn't going to win many games in the SEC if this OLine can't keep opposing defenses out of the backfield.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
This is an uncharacteristically all around undisciplined LSU football team.

DLine penalties, OLine penalties, more fumbles on the goal line, personal foul on kickers...

If they don't find a way to clean up these self-inflicted issues, and stop allowing lesser knowns to hang around... this SEC schedule will be brutal to navigate. Two of the next 3 games are going to make or break this season.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I’m hoping this is just a “today mental” thing. I’m not loving the defense
There were some "sloppy" areas in the game today, but all in all it was probably the best complete game LSU has played all season. I hope this trend continues while cleaning up the turnovers and line play on both sides of the ball.