[Utah State] Game Discussion and Expectations

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
We’re 6 days away from the Utah State game, this is the place to discuss the game and your expectations.

I ‘expect’ LSU to come out a little healthier, a little hungrier having a week a week off AND dropping a spot to tOSU, and hopefully a little better understanding of the defensive scheme as well as some tackling fundamentals.

I’m sure LSU blows Utah State out. My only question is how much does this Defense give up?

I look for the defense to finally come out hungry, stop their offense and get some pressure on the QB. This is the game we see a complete LSU domination.

LSU 62 USU 13

LSU_4_LIFE

I'm just sayin....
I think we will see more emphasis on our defensive fundamentals but I’m not sure we don’t give up a ton of yards and maybe even points. At least more than we would like to see. This is Utah States championship game, so I expect them to throw the kitchen sink at us.

I think it’s always a bit of a challenge your 1st game on the field after making some personnel adjustments to your defense, and we will still have at least 3 most likely 4 other starters out.

Not sure if we should or shouldn’t expect instant results there, but I hope so.

I think respectfully, both defenses will be gassed due to the Offenses pace of play.

TigerTap

Senior
I still can't figure out exactly what's going on with the Defense this year. I've been a big fan of Dave Aranda & Corey Raymond & still am. I don't believe either has forgotten how to coach. I'm just not sure exactly what's changed with the D in year 4 for Aranda. I know weve had some injuries & stuff. I still wonder about the newest DB coach, Bill Busch, our Safety coach. But I thought he did a great last year though, so still not sure.

I'm hoping it's just some new players adjusting, combined with injuries.

Utah State is 3-1, easily our best (on paper) opponent since Texas. We still should blow them out very easily.

I'd guess something like 56 -14.

TigerTap

Senior
"Resistence is Futile! LSU will feel the power of the mighty Aggies of Utah State!
7ed4815c5a6e1d533eefc38003a3a13d.jpg

:D

Last edited:
I watchd some of the Utah State game this week. They have some small quick skill position players but if our dline comes to play we should be able to put a lot of pressure on them. I wouldn't sit back and let them dictate but be aggresiv.

They look a little like Auburn to me on offense.

I don't see our offense having trouble scoring and might be good to work on our running game a little this week.

Winston1

Redshirt
Still concerned about the injuries on defense. Seems like Chassion, and others are out this week and seem questionable for Fla. A positive will be giving young players experience.
Hopefully Aranda simplifies the defense. Also that the tackling gets better.

Bengal B

Truth, Justice and the American Way
Still concerned about the injuries on defense. Seems like Chassion, and others are out this week and seem questionable for Fla. A positive will be giving young players experience.

The question is could Chasson, Lawrence, Divinity and others play if the opponent was Florida or Auburn. If there is any doubt whatsoever I say give them another week off.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst

All I want to see from the defensive side of the ball is 3 fold.

1.) Dline get pressure on the QB and help the LB’ers stop the run.
2.) The secondary just cover their assignments, and not allow the receivers to get behind them.
3.) Solid tackling. Wrap up the ball carriers and stop this shoulder hit, over pursuing, missed diving tackle shit. Just wrap up and tackle the guy with the ball.

If all of that happens the rest will fall into place.

TigerTap

Senior
All I want to see from the defensive side of the ball is 3 fold.

1.) Dline get pressure on the QB and help the LB’ers stop the run.
2.) The secondary just cover their assignments, and not allow the receivers to get behind them.
3.) Solid tackling. Wrap up the ball carriers and stop this shoulder hit, over pursuing, missed diving tackle shit. Just wrap up and tackle the guy with the ball.

If all of that happens the rest will fall into place.

Exactly. I'm hoping we get these things "Cleaned up" before SEC play starts. I've been studying the SEC games we have left & we should be favored in all of them except Bama. Anxious to get into real Conference play.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Exactly. I'm hoping we get these things "Cleaned up" before SEC play starts. I've been studying the SEC games we have left & we should be favored in all of them except Bama. Anxious to get into real Conference play.
Based on a few clips I've seen from the SEC Network, LSU just may find themselves underdogs against Auburn... seems the media is loving them some Auburn right now.

TigerTap

Senior
You think so? I did considered them. But Auburn hasn't really gained too much traction on us in the Polls. They're still #7 & are 5-0 with 2 Top 20 wins. Not sure why this is exactly. You'd think they'd move up at least 1 spot, maybe? We have the Top Passing passing game in the SEC, they have the Top Rushing game in the SEC. Defenses seem very close, both allowing 320 yards per game. I swore a few years ago, that I would never fall for the Gus Bus hype. Plus, we get them in Tiger Stadium, which I think will make a big difference.

Although, LSU/ Auburn sure have put on some damn strange games in the past. It should be a tough game though. We both play Florida before we meet on Oct. 26.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
I watching the Love, Lust, or Bust segment on one of the SEC Network shows. McCarron put LSU in the Bust category but said that between Bama, Auburn, and LSU, any of those teams could be switched out to any of the categories.

Marcus Spears looked at him and asked, “when was the last time Auburn beat LSU in Tiger Stadium?”