Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Tom Herman

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Please support your vote with an explanation as to why you voted the way you did.

I voted Tom Herman due to the way he turned around the Houston program his 1st year and his ability to beat 2 Top 10 teams this season. He knows how to develop QB's and offensive talent as seen at Ohio State, and he's a hell of a recruiter. Herman also knows the importance of defense.

He's also a young guy who could make a career at LSU, and with the talent already at LSU, he could turn things around within the program over night, as well as keep intact the current recruiting targets and possibly bring in some surprises from the Houston area.

Rockymtns

Commit
I also voted Herman. We need someone who knows offense and can develop QBs. I like Coach O a lot, but I think it would be an emotional hire and not necessarily a smart one. If he gets the job, his success depends on who he brings in as OC (hopefully, a QB guru). As for Fisher, I could live with that choice, but I don't think he's the one.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Well said bro. The one thing I like is at least O wants to be here, unlike Herman/Fisher who was screaming "show me the money".

Rockymtns

Commit
I guess it all depends on getting a good OC and keeping Aranda. Orgeron seems willing to adapt, something Miles wouldn't do. That's a positive.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
Orgeron seems to be willing to mix things up. He has decided the LSU Special Teams need to go in a different direction and therefore has parted ways with BDP. Although I am not sure how he got back to employed status at LSU to begin with after the Co-DC disaster that was 2008 LSU.

Rockymtns

Commit
I think Coach O will make the right moves. I certainly don't doubt his enthusiasm or conviction. On a slightly different note, I wonder if it will ever be explained why Alleva didn't do a more thorough coaching search. He seemed to give up very quickly after being snubbed by Fisher and Herman, hiring O almost immediately. He couldn't take another week or two and consider other options? I don't understand the rush.

GREG

LSU Fan'alyst
We'll never know. And if O doesn't do well both he and Alleva will be out. On the bright side O was able to retain Aranda as DC and Associate Head Coach.